Statutory declaration is required for parents who wish to register their child using the address of the child’s grandparent or the parent’s sibling and the address is within 2 km from the school of choice.
- Both parents are working full-time at the time the statutory declaration was made; and
- The child is under the full time care of a grandparent or a parent’s sibling; and
- The child’s grandparent or the parent’s sibling is not employed.
Declaration Details & Required Documents
The child’s grandparent or the parent’s sibling and one of the child’s parents are required to make a statutory declaration in person at the MOE Customer Service Centre.
The statutory declaration can be made from 9.00 am to 4.00 pm, Mondays to Fridays and from 9.00 am to 12 noon on Saturdays, from Thursday 4 July 2013 to Thursday 1 August 2013. Parents are to bring along the originals of the following documents:
- Identity card of both parents
- Identity card of the child’s grandparent or the parent’s sibling
- Birth certificate of the child to be registered for admission to school
- Documents to prove the relationship between the parent and the child’s grandparent or the parent’s sibling (e.g. birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc)
- Recent employment letters to show full-time employment
- Supporting documents to prove self employment e.g. Business File, CPF statements showing self employment status etc
- Photocopies of the passport/NRIC/overseas employment letter for parent/s who are currently overseas
If statutory declaration is used, children who are registered using either the grandparent’s or the parent’s sibling’s address and residing within 1 km or between 1 km and 2 km from the school of choice are balloted together with the other children of the same citizenship residing between 1 km and 2 km from the school.