Secondary One (S1) Posting Exercise
The S1 Option Phase has ended.
The posting results will be released on 20 December 2013.
What is new for the 2013 Secondary One (S1) Posting Exercise?
- A new Third Language, Spanish, will be offered to eligible students from 2014.
- Spectra Secondary School (SSS), the second Specialised School for Normal (Technical) (SSNT) students, will admit students from January 2014. Students who are interested to enrol in SSNT [i.e. Crest Secondary School (CSS) or Spectra Secondary School (SSS)] should apply to the school directly. Students who have applied to CSS or SSS must participate in the Secondary One (S1) Posting Exercise. Students who are successfully admitted into CSS or SSS will not be posted to another school under the S1 Posting Exercise. Students who applied to CSS or SSS but are not successful will continue to be posted to a secondary school under the S1 Posting Exercise.
What is the Secondary One (S1) Posting Exercise?
The annual S1 Posting Exercise is conducted by the Ministry of Education (MOE) to post mainstream Primary Six (P6) students who have passed their Primary School Leaving Examinations (PSLE) to a secondary school based on their PSLE results and their school choices.
Who can participate in the S1 Posting Exercise?
All mainstream P6 students who pass the PSLE except those who have been successfully allocated a secondary school place via the Direct School Admissions – Secondary (DSA-Sec) Exercise
Successful DSA students who are eligible to opt for Third Language and/or Course Option can do so using the S1 Internet System (S1-IS).
When is the S1 Posting Exercise conducted?
S1 Posting Exercise is typically conducted from November after the release of the PSLE results. The S1 Posting Exercise is conducted in 3 phases from late November to December. You may refer to Important Dates for more information.
- S1 Option Phase – This phase is for parents to submit their child’s S1 options and/or secondary school choices after the release of the PSLE results.
- School Posting Phase – This phase is for the posting of students to secondary schools taking into consideration their PSLE results, choices of schools and available vacancies.
- Posting Results Release – This phase is for the release of the school posting results. Students are to report to their posted secondary schools on the next working day after the release of the posting results.
How to apply for the S1 Posting Exercise?
Mainstream P6 students who pass the PSLE will receive a personalised S1 Option Form together with the PSLE results. Parents can use the Personal Identification Number (PIN) provided in the S1 Option Form to submit their child’s S1 options and/or secondary school choices online via the S1 Internet System (S1-IS) during the S1 Option Phase.
For parents who do not wish to opt online, they may submit their secondary school choices at the child’s primary school during the S1 Option Phase.